Saturday, August 10, 2013

In Jiri, Dolakha, Nepal.

Jiri lies at an altitude of 1,905 metres (6,250 feet) and is the eastern-most terminus of the highway coming from Kathmandu. Bus service is available from Kathmandu but the 184 km ride takes 6 to 8 hours due to narrow, winding roads and so many checkpoints along the high-way. But today it took us 9 hours to get here.

Bishal and I got here around 4pm this evening. We are here for the Youth Ministry Training Level 2 and we will be kicking it off tomorrow morning for the next 3 days. We are anxious to meet the students and hear their stories on how God worked in and through them what they learned in the level 1 training last year. A lot to share ... meanwhile for more picture of the view on the way to Jiri click here.  

This Micro Bus took us to Jiri. 

Things I enjoy being out of Kathmandu. 

1. Cleanliness: I have heard people say "DUSTMANDU" to Kathmandu, and also if you don't wear mask in Kathmandu it is like smoking 3 packets of cigarette everyday. So I enjoy cleanliness being out of Kathmandu city. Not every places out of Kathmandu is clean but in most places at least the air is clean. Also my cough gets better as I have dust allergic cough. 

2. People: Both in the training and off the training. You meet interesting people and can learn lots from their stories. 

3. Teaching: is because of my passion. 


But thing I miss being out of Kathmandu is my Family - Hard to leave 2 girls with Puja (my wife). Alma, my first daughter who is 5 years old always wants to come with me in the training. In fact when I start packing my things she also start packing her stuff:) and I have to explain her over and over that 'you are not coming with me' :(. 

Meeting with the local leaders, host of the training. 

Appreciate your prayers for our training beginning tomorrow. We are expecting about 20 youth leaders to return for level 2. I think Jiri gets the most rain in Nepal. When we entered Jiri this evening it was raining and it has not stopped yet. The forecast says it will rain for the next 4 days ... wish I had brought some winter clothes but brother Ananda gave a good blankets. Thank you Aananda! We look forward to having a great time with you and your leaders. 

Dhanyabaad! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

NUWAKOT Training Experiences, Attacks and Victory - May 2014

It's been a long time since I updated this page :(   This time I would like to share some of the experiences we as a team...